Introduction to chiller system
A Chiller is a sublime machine that removes heat from a liquid coolant by vapour- Compression, Adsorption, Refrigeration or absorption refrigeration cycles. It also transports Heat from one location to keep other locations cool.
Types of chillers:
Chillers fall under two main categories in the names of Vapor compression and vapor absorption chillers. These two categories expanded to six types based on their working ability.
- Air chillers
- Water fluid chillers
Uses for move the refrigerant around the system with the use of the heat.
- Centrifugal compression
- Scroll compression
- Reciprocating compression
- Screw compression
Uses for force a refrigerant around the system by electrically driven mechanical compression.
An evaporator, Compressor, Condenser and Expansion unit are the main components of a chiller unit. Every chiller system contains a refrigerant.
Â Â Â Â Air-cooled chillers are among the most commonly used refrigeration systems for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Lower installed cost and maintenance due to its simple construction.
- No handling problem with air
- Used for low capacity
- No problem in disposing of used air
- Tower and mechanical room not required
- Adapt to most climates
- Used for large capacity, especially industrial plants
- Can operate on lower condensing temperature
- Higher efficiency
- Longer life
Both Air chillers and Water chillers are very alike components. The predominant difference between Air &Water chillers is the way of ejecting unwanted heat.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â It uses a mechanical compressor to force a refrigerant around the cooling system. Sometimes compression is paired with refrigerated air driers to get rid of potentially harmful Moisture in the chilled air.
Screw compressor chillers:
- Can use in both water- and air-cooled chillers
- Best choice for small, medium cooling loads
- Manufactured using high-grade material procured
- The male and female rotors are rotating in the opposite directions they draw air between them.
Reciprocating compressor chillers:
- Good for small application
- Low/no consumption power while unloading
- Simple construction makes operation easy
- Operates over a wide range of pressure
- Easy maintenance
Centrifugal compressor chillers:
- Good for high-pressure applications
- Low maintenance and running cost
- Does not require a special foundation
- Can be 1500 HP or larger
Scroll compressor chillers:
- Best for large-scale air-conditioning applications
- Less noise and vibration
- Fewer moving parts and less torque
- More efficient than standard compressors
Get exceptional maintenance service for your Air Conditioning Units!!
With a team of certified and experienced technicians, we offer professional Air Conditioner Maintenance Services to commercial and residential clients. We have a specialized team to deliver outstanding services. With every service request, we follow systematic procedures ensuring the most scientific and advanced means of air conditioning unit maintenance.