main types of air compressors
Since the practice of metallurgy began around 3000â€“1500 B.C, air compression has been a technology in use. The first devices were operated by hand. Several hundred years later, the manual devices were replaced with mechanical equipment that automated the operation to some extent. By the late 1800s, electrically powered air compressor systems were being employed to deliver pneumatic energy. Since then, we’ve benefited from numerous advances in air compressor design as well as a wide selection of air compression options.
Air compressors are divided into two types in the name of Positive displacement & Dynamic
â— In the positive displacement type, a particular quantity of air is trapped in a compression Chamber.
â— Its volume reduced mechanically, causing a corresponding rise in pressure prior to discharge.
â— The three most common types of air positive are Rotary screw, vane and Reciprocating.
â— Dynamic air compressors contain centrifugal and axial machines.
â— Can use in very large manufacturing facilities.
Rotary AC compressors:
- Rotary compressors are small and quiet.
- Shaft with several blades specialities on its inside.
- First preference in sizes ranging.
- About 5HP to 900 HP.
- Most popular among all the compressors.
- Compress the air by forcing it up and down within a cylinder. It makes a vacuum effect that Pulls in the refrigerant.
- Very efficient and it’s unit have the ability of can use up to 8 cylinders.
- Handy for general purpose 11 HP to 30 HP.
Screw air compressors:
- Extreme efficient and reliable.
- Useful in extra-large buildings where a vast amount of air requires continuous cooling.
- Contains two large helical rotors that move the air from one end to another.
- The space gets smaller when refrigerants move through.
Rotary air compressors:
- Smaller and quitter among all the types.
- Very handful and popular in areas where noise is the concern.
- Inside of this type of compressor contains a shaft with numerous blades attached.
- Use the rotating action to bladed spins inside the cylinder.
- Like its name uses its centrifugal force to pull the refrigerant gas also making it spin rapidly.
- Can control the speed by the impeller.
- Centrifugal compressor reserved for extra-large applications.
- Trump card in HVAC installations.
- Low maintenance.
Galaxy Technical Services, is one of the best facility management companies in UAE, delivering quality services on time at affordable rates. Serving in the Middle East for more than 22 years, we are among the best HVAC contracting companies in Dubai. #1 AC Repair Dubai.